I’m sure this comes as a tremendous surprise for you, but blog etiquette is not my forte. I’m an expert at, well….being a Mommy, I guess. Scratch that. Kiddos just shook their heads at me in shame. One more thing to work on…but for now, I’m confused about blogging.
Rest assured, I am learning, but in the interest of furthering my new blogging relationships, I thought I’d throw a few questions out there:
1) If someone comments on your blog…and you want to respond (of course you do!) Where do you do it? Do you respond within your own comment train? Do you go to their blog and comment under a completely unrelated post? Do you email them with the email in their post (that only you can see?) I’ve tried all three, but am not sure about the ‘proper’ way to blog chat.
2) What in the world is a pingback? Is it just a link to another blog? Pingback sounds fancier than link.
3) Is a meme a game of some sort? (like a tag or Wordless Wednesdays) Is meme short for something? I’m postive I’m not pronouncing it correctly in my head. Is it ‘meeeme’? or ‘me-me? or ‘maim’? Highly confusing for the amateur blogger.
4) Does everyone use code names for their kids, friends and husbands to protect privacy? Or just because it is funny? I have to say, most of the names are funny, but I’d feel a little silly trying to switch everyone’s names now. Unless I went back and changed every post….good thing that doesn’t give me a headache to even think about it.
5) Is WordPress really harder to use than Blogger? Or does it just seem that way since so many of the beacutiful blogs I’ve been seeing are Blogger? And, clearly, I can’t seem to master the WordPress yet.
Ok…I’ll leave it at this for now. I’m confident I have MANY more questions, but my overused brain is unable to produce them at this time. Will get back to you.